Pages

Subscribe:

Blogroll

Labels

Friday, March 2, 2012

Back on track






Now, yesterday. I'm getting tired of mentioning how many times I got lost, so from now on I'll only note the times I don't, since I think that's more noteworthy (I got nicknamed 'Lady Gets Lost A Lot' (or lady gets lancelot, something like that, don't really know, ask Andrei). I did get kind of lost, got a half hour late to the Main Gate but that wasn't a problem because Andrei didn't even go there, he went to the dormitory (dude, please stick to your plan, I have no phone to be able to reach you). Waited an hour, walked around then wild Internet appeared.


I managed to get in contact with him and we took the subway(the place of everlasting crowd) to go 경복궁, the largest imperial palace. I wanted to exchange money to buy bedding and other things I needed for my room but since it was a national holiday, the banks were closed.(note, people don't really listen to you here, whether you speak English or Korean, they use random answer and flee, it is very effective!see what I did there kkk)
Luckily, Andrei noticed a small exchange office and one issue was checked off the list. After having coffee and Andrei drive me crazy about the palace we went to see it(together with a million other people, brilliant idea choosing a national holiday lol). There was a huge crowd (bubbles bursting all over >.<) and, of course, protesters weren't missing. We passed the first gate, saw some more people and decided to get out and come back on a normal, peaceful day.
After the not-so-successful visit we went to the Yongsan market (it is a MUST go, you can find everything there, especially electronics 8}) I got my bedding and a Polaroid 8D
We didn't have energy to walk around the whole 8 floors of the market so after looking at phones we returned to Namdaemun, had another coffee/tea and went home. I will now once again declare my love for these coffee shops. Products are delicious, interior looks great and the staff is so so nice(considering the fact that there are no tips, in Romania they are grumpy and annoying and expect you to pay them for it like they go through such hard labor for you). At one point I even went to ask the waiters what song was playing because it was very very good and they gladly told me(even  wrote it down, took us a while to decipher the writing though xD).


To be continued....

5 comments:

Rinnie said...

Cute polaroid <3

Dude, visiting the palace on a national holiday? That's like going for a walk in Times Square.

I wanna go to coffee shops in Korea too T.T

Andra said...

omg! polaroid! i so envy u~~~ T.T ce sarbatoare e la ei acuma?

sapphirebluederp said...

@Andra no idea, au multe ;)) ceva istoric din cate am vazut

serial0123 said...

polaroid.....awww....take good care of it....and i wouldn't mind if you send me some pics...:D...:*:*

Lexie said...

wooo, o sa te saracesc! o sa te pun sa imi faci poze mwahahahah~~~ hehe, kidding (?) nope...

Post a Comment