Pages

Subscribe:

Blogroll

Labels

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sisific Efforts

So....I thought it's time to get out of my comfort zone and write again [and not let this year's resolution meet the past ones at the failure's terminal station just yet]

As Andrei already mentioned, we went to visit the largest palace in Seoul, 경복궁. The place was absolutely captivating, and even if you're not interested in history, palaces and such[historical dramas included] this place would make you want to be. I hadn't much interest either, besides what was necessary for classes but once I got inside I was enchanted, wishing to be able to go back in time and spend a day there and see how a day went by. I know it sounds cheesy and rehearsed[and heaven knows I'm not one to approve of such behavior, bah], but it's true, and I do hope that everyone who doubts my words has the chance to visit it and see for themselves. 

Some pictures to try and bring a little of the feeling that surrounds the place:

     traditional room

the street Andrei was talking about, with various shops and buildings from the early 1900s.

barber shop, the radio was on, freaky~

restaurant, and because we weren't allowed to bite random stuff(and is generally frowned upon in nowadays society too) I spent a lot of time wondering if the food on the tables was real or not

classroom

random dude in a photo who looks like Eli

Andrei photobombing



study room

walkie talkie yangbans/guards (credit to Andrei)

So much about the palace visit, beautiful beautiful place but crowded, it was very difficult to take pictures and not have a wild visitor in it. All in all, it was worthwhile. To prevent my bubble from bursting and avoid arrest for destroying royal property by bite (as I mentioned before, it is frowned upon) we departed in a quest for finding food as the walkie talkies started to look like sandwiches to my eyes.

Last but not least, big thanks for your support, I'll try to repay you with less lackluster posts and more fun(hope I didn't lose it for good)




2 comments:

Lexie said...

yay!
i do that too, when i visit palaces i often wonder how did they live back then. i wish i had a time machine that never broke off, that would let me visit any historical time i want! maybe i should avoid the european middle ages if i don't want to be burned as a witch.. good thing i don't have red hair anymore xD but anyway, what were we talking about? oh yeah! i wanna go there too!
thank you for posting :D
and yeah, the dude looks like Eli
and when i saw the picture with Andrei I got all "oppa, over here~~~!!" hehe.. fangirling...


i shall wait for your posts!
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/19900000/LOTR-GIFS-lord-of-the-rings-19974417-500-201.gif

Rinnie said...

That random dude is rather handsome, don't you think?

And take more photos of yourself! I miss you derpina T.T

Post a Comment